Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Things To Do At The End Of School Year In Art
I don't know about you but the end of the year is either one of two things. A scramble to finish projects, or major down time because students finished to quickly. So whats an art teacher to do the last one or two days of class? While some students finish their work here are some ideas to keep the rest of your class from mutiny.
1. The Pixar Story, one of my favorite documentaries about my favorite animation studio.
2. Pictionary, all you need is a jar full of ideas, a white board and a timer on your cell phone. My kids have seriously gotten into it.
3. Friendship Bracelets, both the boys and girls in my class have enjoyed making these easy crafts, thanks to one of the moms bringing in a bag full of embroidery thread.
4. I haven't used this yet, but the Art Of Ed posted this easy lesson and I think my students would like it.
5. Classroom organization, while this might seem like work that they wouldn't like, students love helping out!
What have you been doing during your last days of the school year?